Thursday, December 9, 2010

Dec 9 - Party

Party. What social gathering rocked your socks off in 2010? Describe the people, music, food, drink, clothes, shenanigans.

I loved our wedding.
But I already told you that.
So aside from ours... the best "party"  of 2010, in my opinion, was Catelyn and Bill's wedding.
I really can't remember another time when I've had so much fun. I think I might have posted about it before, I don't remember?

Catelyn is one of my best friends in the whole entire world. We met freshman year when we were randomly placed together as roomates in the dorms. Her friend from high school, Bobbi also lived with us, and we hit it off pretty much right away. I convinced my parents to let me live on-campus, even though we lived in the same city as my college and there was no need for it... just because I wanted the "full college experience". I had heard that if you don't live on campus, you won't make any new friends. That absolutely terrified me because hardly any of my high school friends were staying in town!

I absolutely LOVED living with them. They totally brought me out of my shell and introduced me to so many people. They are from a smaller-ish town in Nebraska, and tons of their friends moved to Omaha to go to school, including Cate's boyfriend/now hsuband and his friends. Coincidentally, a lot of them got placed in the same dorm building, which happened to be ours. It was like one big party, ALL the time. Then a couple of years later when we moved into a house together, it was the same thing.  But a couple of years ago, everyone started graduating/moving away/having less time for each other, and the majority of us stopped hanging out on a regular basis.

Cate and Bill's wedding this summer was like a huge family reunion of friends. I don't remember having a better time. Their rehearsal dinner was at the bar that Bill's dad owns.


Abigail, Bobbi, Laura, me, and Catelyn in the middle.


Everyone all together + some spouses. SUCH a fun group!

We are so blessed to have such amazing friends!


Image and video hosting by TinyPic

0 comments:

Post a Comment