Friday, October 15, 2010

October Challenge: Days 13, 14 & 15

Day 13 - A fictional book that is meaningful to you since your loss.
Day 14 - a non-fictional book that is meaningful to you since your loss

To be honest, I haven't read a lot of fiction over the past 11 months!
I am a full time student, which means that most of the time I'm reading social work text books, or 20 page articles related to social work practice... and now that my practicum is at an adoption agency, the last 5 to 7 books that I've read have been adoption related.

I did read "Same Kind of Different As Me" by Ron Hall and Denver Moore, which was amazing... but also non-fiction!  I tried to read the Twilight books when they became so popular, but I read the first ten pages or so of the first book and then for whatever reason just never went back to it. Reading is one of my favorite things in the world, and I am DEFINITELY looking forward to winter break so that I can have break from text book reading and get caught up on some books that I've been waiting to read for myself. Our bookshelf is completely full, and I think half of the books on it are ones that I bought on Amazon or at B&N and just never had time to get to.

The best (and maybe only?) fictional book that I've read in the last 11 months is The Help, and you can click HERE to read the post I wrote earlier this year about why I felt like the book was a gentle reminder that Livie is always with us. It was totally unexpected and basically knocked the wind out of me.

Day 15 - What you like about your house.
Well, we don't live in our own house. For now, we live in Kurt's parents' basement. It has been such a blessing. His parents have done so much for us and it is such an amazing feeling to be able to pay off some bills and save money, without having to worry about rent and utilities. My favorite part of our house is definitely our basement. Before we moved in, we re-painted everything, put in new tile in the bathroom and carpet in the rest of the basement. It's a bigger living space than we had at our apartment. It's wonderful. However, we are definitely looking forward to having our own home sometime in the hopefully near future.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

0 comments:

Post a Comment