Tuesday, January 19, 2010

faith and trust

Excerpt from the book, Calm my Anxious Heart, by Linda Dallow

God does not demand that you and i have blind faith,

but abandoned faith, a faith that trusts Him fully.
Through His Word, God willingly reveals much about who He is, what His plans are,
and what He requires of us.
As we come to see Him and know Him he urges, "Trust Me."
Hundreds of times in the Bible God implores us to trust Him.
We tend to make trust a gray area, but with God the issue is black and white.
We either trust Him or we don't.
We're for Him or we're against Him.
We're in the game or we're on the sidelines.
As i think about true faith, heartfelt throw-yourself-in-with-complete-abandon faith,
two things come to mind:
              *faith is rooted in God's character.
              *faith is based on God's Word, not on our feelings."

My faith in God has grown so much stronger through our experience with Olivia and through dealing with her death. This excerpt really spoke to me and kind of gave me some strength today.

post signature

2 comments:

Becky said...

Thanks for the post. I, too, have been thinking a lot lately about trusting God and surrendering to Him. It's so much easier to do when things are going well! But I am trying to trust His plan, and remember that He planned out my babies' lives before they were even conceived. Thanks for the reminder of His goodness.

(PS: I found you on The Bump, have been reading for a while! I lost twin boys in December.)

Megan Marie said...

Betsy -

I don't know if you remember me from grade school, but I have been reading your story and my heart breaks for you. Thank you for the updates.

Post a Comment