Friday, January 22, 2010

As Many Times as I Blink

I don't really care for Owl City... in fact I don't really like their music at all. But, I was driving home from school and one of their newer songs was on the radio. I'm pretty sure he's singing about a girlfriend that he's no longer with or something, but some of the lyrics really made me think about the way I'm feeling right now... although I'm sleeping fine now, but I definitely missed some nights of sleep in the beginning. And, I have no idea what the heck vanilla twilight is, and it's much too cold to sit on the porch, but I think you'll get the idea.

I'll find repose in new ways

Though I haven't slept in two days
'Cause cold nostalgia
Chills me to the bone

But drenched in vanilla twilight
I'll sit on the front porch all night
Waist-deep in thought because
When I think of you I don't feel so alone
I don't feel so alone, I don't feel so alone

As many times as I blink
I'll think of you tonight
I'll think of you tonight


When violet eyes get brighter
And heavy wings grow lighter
I'll taste the sky and feel alive again


And I'll forget the world that I knew
But I swear I won't forget you.
Oh, if my voice could reach
Back through the past

I'd whisper in your ear
Oh darling, I wish you were here

post signature

0 comments:

Post a Comment