Saturday, January 30, 2010

WW meeting #2 and ProjectLIFE

Last night, my mom and I had our second Weight Watchers meeting... and I am down ONE pound!! I honestly thought it would have been more than that... but oh well, I know it's a step in the right direction. My mom made a good point, that if I keep losing a pound a week, that's about 36 pounds by the wedding.. which is a LOT for me. So, not so bad, eh?

Kurt and I worked out really hard today. Well... he probably worked a lot LESS hard than normal, but for me... torture. I asked him to show me some legs stuff.. so he basically took me through his routine, and even though I used WAAAY less weight than he ever would use... torture. Then, after all that, I tried to do cardio on the incline trainer like I usually do, and again... torture. He was a very patient trainer though, and didn't make me feel stupid for being a weakling. However, he did get a pretty good laugh at how sore I will be tomorrow. Squatting down in front of the filing cabinets at work might not be the most fun thing I'll ever do.

On another note... My project life kit arrived in the mail yesterday! If you are unfamiliar with this project... go to Becky Higgin's website, here.
It. Is. Awesome. I am seriously excited. I wish I had known about it in time to order one to start in the beginning of January... but oh well. My "year" will have to start in February and just be eleven months long. She totally takes the "work" out of scrapbooking, and to be truthful, I don't have the time to devote to another really detailed scrapbook right now.  This allows you to just sleep paper and photos into the pocket, fill out some journaling cards... and Voila, you have your whole year accounted for. How many people can say that they can remember something that they did for every single day of the past year? Not many! Plus, it's super cheap for everything you get in the kit - WAY cheaper than if you went to the scrapbook store and tried to pick out everything individually.

Why am I so excited about this? Well, I spose there's many reasons. But most of all... Kurt and I are getting a second chance at a life together as a couple before we have kids. Obviously, both of us would rather have our sweet Livie girl here with us, but the simple fact of the matter is, she's not. There's nothing we can do about it... except try to make the "best" of our new situation. We got engaged the same month we found out we were pregnant, and were totally willing to forfeit our "newlywed" status and make some sacrifices for the baby that was on the way. But now, we don't have a family of three like we thought we would, we have a family of two.  To be honest, If things had happened differently and we had gotten married before ever getting pregnant, I don't know how much I would have cherished our time together as a newly married couple. Now, our relationship is so much stronger than it was prior to November 23rd, 2009... and until we are able to have another precious baby Miller, I am planning on savoring every sweet moment of our time together.

Can you tell I'm working really hard to stay positive right now? Because I am.

Anyway - I guess I got kind of sidetracked, but I think working on this ProjectLife album over the course of the next year will really help me focus on our life together, and will be a wonderful keepsake for us to have to look back on our "first year" together. Also, I think it will be pretty cool for our future kiddos to have something tangible to look through to see what their mom and dad's life was like before they came along. Cool, huh?

Night :)

post signature

1 comments:

Meredith said...

Betsy,
What a neat idea!! I think I might have to get one for myself. Although I would be like you and it would have to start in February. Are you going to just fill January with some other pics to show what happened during the month, instead of doing it daily? That might be an idea. That way you can have a full year, but January would just be a monthly synopsis. My January has been filled with house building pics and pics of our kitties.

Praying you are doing well and that you continue having grat success with WW.

Meredith

Post a Comment