Friday, February 12, 2010

Lots of things to update...

These past few days have been nuts.

Wednesday was the busiest, weirdest, and one of the best days I've had in a long time.
In the morning, we had to go to a court thing for Kurt's brother  downtown(that's another story for another day, but I don't want to post much about it until things are finally all sorted out). We were all dressed up from that, so shortly after we got home, we decided to go out to lunch at Kona.

It has been a while since we got dressed up and went out together for a meal by ourselves. It was so nice, except I felt sick and hardly ate any of my food :\.

I laid down for a while when we got back to the apartment, and then I headed out for my *final* follow up appointment with my OB. My heart was beating really fast, and I felt like my circulation was being cut off in my wrists and ankles. Weird, right? Then, I threw up in the parking lot before I drove away. That was fun. At least I was on my way to the doctor!

The appointment went very well. I was angry with my doctor for quite a few reasons at the time of Olivia's birth. I didn't feel like she did enough while we were in the hospital, etc. etc. BUT, she makes me feel so good when I go see her now. I haven't decided if I will continue to see her for my "yearly feminine visits", but if I don't it's just because I don't want to be tortured by laying on the same exam table next to the same u/s machine that we first saw Livie's little heartbeat on... every year. Anyway, she gave me a huge hug when I got there and we just immediately started talking. We talked about medical things and personal/emotional things... it was almost like talking to a friend. I told her about everything that's been going on with us and she was so happy that I decided to see the therapist that she recommended. She said that she's had several patients see her, and she's heard nothing but good things.

Medically, everything is all healed and she said that the incision is looking perfect. My blood pressure was high, and I asked her if that had anything to do with the weird feeling that I was having about my circulation being cut off. She listened to my heart and lungs and asked me some questions, and finally ordered some bloodwork just to see if there was anything "wrong" with me. She said there are some "weird, post partum things" that can happen, especially after a c-section. That made me nervous, but yesterday her nurse called me and said that everything came back perfectly normal. One "number" was high, but she said it wasn't anything to worry about, and they'll check me again when I go back in 4 weeks.
I'm going back in four weeks... because I got a prescription for anti-depressants/anti-anxiety meds, and she wants me to follow up with her. Hopefully, the medication helps. I wasn't planning on asking for a prescription at all, but after I explained some things that I'd been feeling (like not being able to keep my feet still when I'm trying to fall asleep at night, even tohugh I'm exhausted), she said that she thinks I might be having anxiety right now, which is understandable.

I left the appointment feeling really good. No one has really asked me in person (aside from family) how I'm doing emotionally in quite some time... She asked me lots of questions about Olivia and about how I'm feeling, and it felt nice to be asked about it. I know it's her job and she kind of has to... but it made me feel good.

After my appointment, I went straight to work. It was kind of a long night, and I was so looking forward to coming home and getting right into bed to finish my new book The Help (More about that in another post, soon). Buuuut... Kurt had other ideas, and called me to tell me that his work friends were going to a bar in Council Bluffs and wanted us to come.

Soooo... I dragged myself home from work and started to get ready while he was still at the gym. While I was deciding what to wear, something perked me RIGHT up.

I. fit. in. to. my. pre. pregnancy. jeans.

That's right folks. I've been wearing my maternity jeans for the past 3 months. My weight gain was a little more than I had intended it to be, and I refused to give in to my new "size" and by regular pants! I still had to wear my bella-band with them, but it felt AWESOME. Also, I had brand-new red high heels to wear with them, which felt pretty awesome too.

We went out to 1892 and actually had a fun time. Usually, I don't do the best in a group of people that I've never met before. It just brings me back to my awkward lunch times at Ackerman Elementary where I sat by myself and every time I tried to start up a conversation with someone, I said something ridiculous and made a fool out of myself. I can be the life of the party in a group of people I already know, but if I don't know a soul, I tend to just sit there and listen to everyone else having fun.

I let myself loosen up quite a bit though, and had a really good time. I think it was SO good for Kurt and I to get *out*. We haven't been to a bar together since... September when Taylor and Brit were in town, but obviously I couldn't drink then. :)

We left a little bit early, but I introduced Kurt to the magic that is Alvarado's on Broadway, and we brought it home and ate it in bed.

Long day... long, but good.

Oh, and remember how I posted about being nervous to weigh in at Weight Watchers last night? My mom and i BOTH lost 3.2 pounds since the last time we weighed in, which brings my weight loss down to almost 5 pounds. I'm not sure how much Mom's is, but somewhere around there! YAY!!

Night. :)
post signature

0 comments:

Post a Comment