Wednesday, March 10, 2010

My daughter, is beautiful.

Just a few minutes ago, Kurt and I were sitting next to each other on the couch with our laptops, listening to music and looking at pictures (yeah I know, we have a real exciting life!), and I started looking at pictures of Olivia. After just a few, I was completely in tears. I look at pictures of her all the time, and I rarely cry while looking at them because it's just become such a part of my daily routine. We have her picture in frames everywhere, and I have one on the dashboard of my car and some in my purse.

I realized after a few seconds, that I wasn't crying because I miss her, or for any reason other than... she is just so beautiful. I see her pictures so often that I've just grown accustomed to looking at them and I don't really think twice as I pass by them a thousand times each day. But when I really sit down and look at them, her beauty takes my breath away.

And now, I just keep thinking, if she was this beautiful at 6 weeks premature, how breathtaking would she have been at two, or five, or fifteen?


post signature

9 comments:

Aaron, Angie, Hailey, Lexi, and Jacob said...

She is beautiful! Thanks for sharing that picture of her.

You, me and the baby makes three! said...

She really is absolutely beautiful.

Meredith said...

Betsy,
She is absolutely breathtaking. I can see both you and Kurt in her which makes her even that much more beautiful.

Love ya,
Mere

Katie said...

Stunning!

Unknown said...

She is beautiful!!! I completely understand. There are times I just stare at my computer screen because Janie Beth is the background.

BBH said...

::Hugs:: She is SO beautiful!

Joannah said...

I cannot wait to meet her some day <3

Anonymous said...

She is breathe taking. Your blogs have literally brought me to tears, Your so strong Keep your head up. <3

Molly O. said...

She is so beautiful! Thanks for sharing that picture with us. ((HUGS))

Post a Comment