Monday, March 8, 2010

Oscars Tonight...

I love Sandra Bullock!

Can you get more down-to-earth? She has always been one of my favorite actresses... I just think she seems like one of those people that you see in a film and you think "I bet she's a really nice person in real life". After listening to her acceptance speech tonight for the Blind Side (which I still haven't seen, by the way...), it is completely apparent that she has such an amazing heart.

It amazes me that she is so beautiful, classy and talented, yet such an amazing person. I think she may be one of the very few actresses in Hollywood that has remained un-jaded by the lifestyle.

She even took the time to acknowledge all of her fellow nominees... and she really sounded like she meant every compliment that she gave them.

I was in tears by the middle of her speech when she was thanking her mother for teaching her daughters that "there's no race, no religion, no class system, no color, no sexual orientation that makes us better than anyone else, we are all deserving of love". Then at the end when she thanked all the mamas who take care of their babies and children no matter where they come from... I lost it. That was such a beautiful moment. If only those things were true of every mother/woman, this world would be a much better place.

Plus: I think it's totally awesome that she made her husband almost start crying.
post signature

1 comments:

Ashley D said...

Man, now I am mad I missed it. Sounds like it it worth googling. I have always liked her a lot too!

Post a Comment