Monday, March 28, 2011

Getting To Know You Sunday



It's "Getting To Know YOU Sunday" Over on Keely's blog, Mannland5. I've never participated in it before, but I figured... why not? I'm actually going to answer the last two weeks worth of questions because ... I feel like it :). It reminds me of the old surveys that people used to post on Myspace a few years ago! I used to fill those out constantly when Kurt was in Iraq and I would be sitting on the computer waiting for him to respond when we would message back and forth.
 
Last week's questions:
1. if you won the title of miss america, what would your platform be?
International child welfare. But wait... if it's Miss America... is your platform allowed to be international? I haven't watched the Miss America Pagent since I was probably in elementary school! Ha!

2. outdoorsy or indoorsy?
Oh Lord, anyone who knows me knows very well that I am an indoorsy girl. I like to be outside - taking walks, going to the beach, maybe a ONE night camping trip, but that's about it.

3. pajama's out in public..classy or tres tacky?
I've done it before... but I do think it's tacky. Unless your pajamas are black sweats and a USMC hoodie... because then no one can tell they're jammies :)

4. what's your favorite room in your house?
Living room I suppose. It's where we spend 99% of our time.
5. nook, kindle, or book?
I will be honest that I have been pretty skeptical about e-readers, but now I REALLY want one. Actually, I'd like an ipad with a Kindle app... but that won't be happening anytime soon. I love books and I don't think I'll ever be able to switch completely over from paper to digital, but I love the idea of having an entire library at your finger tips. I also see people using their kindle/nook/ipad on the elliptical at the gym and I am very jealous of that!

6. would you rather wear the same outfit for a week or not brush your teeth for a week?
Oh wow... I don't know if I can really choose one of these, haha! Both are gross. BUT... you could chew gum or find some other sneaky way to make your teeth feel like they're not disgusting. If your outfit is dirty then there's no hiding it!

7. what's your favorite blog at the moment?
There's absolutely no way I can answer this question! I follow way too many. The buttons of several of my favorite blogs are over in the sidebar. I think my favorite definitely depends on my mood, because there's lots of different categories.
8. lately i've been daydreaming about.........?
-honeymoon
-graduating/working
-moving!!

And this week's questions:
1. what inspires you?
My husband inspires me to follow my dreams (YIKES, how corny and cliche does that sound!?), and I am always inspired by my beautiful friends and the blogs that I follow, especially the crafting and photography related ones.

2. what was the last thing you bought yourself?
A soy candle from the grocery store that smells like "crisp cotton". I was cleaning yesterday and realized that all of the candles we had out were still fall/Christmas scents!

3. would you rather watch a movie in a theater or from the comfort of your own home?
Honestly, from home. We haven't been to the movies in months! I think it's partly because it's expensive.. but we like to talk about what's going on in the movies we're watching {or at least I do}. Too bad you can't pause the movies in the theater! If a movie comes out though that we're really looking forward to and don't want to wait for it to come out on Netflix or Redbox, we usually go.

4. household chore you don't mind doing?
I love making the bed because it's so much more relaxing to get into a perfectly made bed at the en of the day.

5. coffee or tea?
Coffee is always my first choice, but I do like tea a lot.

6. what could you eat every day and not get sick of??
Pasta with butter and parmesean cheese. OR  chicken tacos from Chipotle. With guacamole. These are all things that we hardly ever EVER let ourselves have. And they both sound amazing right now, by the way.

7. what's the last book you read?
My Family: A Symphony,by Aaron Eske. A beautiful book about international adoption

8. do you think you look you "look" your age?
I think so? When I was younger everyone always told me that I looked older... but I haven't heard that in a long time, so I spose I probably finally caught up to myself!

You can click on the image above to head over to Keely's blog, get to know some other bloggers, and link up with your own answers :).

1 comments:

kebowman said...

love love love your blog. half of it makes me cry... but i love it!
you're so much stronger than i could ever be. i admire you so much for that, and i don't even know you.

Post a Comment