Wednesday, April 6, 2011

BEST mail day ever!

Yesterday afternoon, I spent over 3 hours in the dentist's chair. I had a tooth extracted and a temporary bridge put in. I have never had a cavity before or had any work done to my teeth other than cleanings, so I was absolutely terrified to go to my appointment. It actually wasn't nearly as bad as I was expecting... until afterwards. My dad actually picked me up and brought me home, and I was bragging about how great I felt. Within about 20 minutes after I got home, I was in a world of pain. The pain in my mouth was so intense that I was dizzy, nautious and sick to my stomach. Because of that, I didn't want to eat... but I needed something in my stomach so I could take a pain pill! Kurt suggested that I drink some Milk. Because of the dizzyness, I tripped on the deck and spilled my milk all over my shirt and Molly. Horrible! My loving husband went to the grocery store and got me mashed potatoes, mac and cheese, and icecream. Pretty much the only three things I can eat right now, and three things that are absolutely NOT on my diet! :)  
{Please excuse how trashy I look! haha}

Because I've been eating so well for the past couple of weeks, I felt like total crap this morning! I took the day off and spent 99% of it on the couch! It was nice to be able to lay around all day without feeling like I should be up doing a bunch of things... but I still felt like total crap.
One thing that's always sure to cheer me up, is getting mail. I love getting mail... my favorite part about Christmas time is getting actual, real, mail... as opposed to the credit card offers and ads that fill up the mailbox on a daily basis.

I got THREE things in the mail today that I've been waiting for for what seems like forever!



My Zumba DVDs... which we pre-ordered a couple of months ago! Until now, there have been Zumba games for Wii and Xbox Kinect, but we just have a regular Xbox 360, so I couldn't get one! I had desperately been wanting to do Zumba at home during the days I can't make it to class, so I was thrilled to see that they were finally going to be releasing some. When we ordered, the website said they wouldn't be sent out until at least April 15th... so I freaked out when I saw them in our mailbox today! I really hope I feel better tomorrow afternoon so I can try them out. Also, they came with these one pound weights that sound like maracas when you shake them... Annoying, yes... but also super fun to annoy your husband with :)

I ordered two sewing books to go along with my graduation present from my parents (sewing machine). One of them is the book that Gussy recommends to new sewers. I paged through it this afternoon and it looks amazing. I checked the tracking on my sewing machine on Amazon this afternoon, and it appears as if it is going to arrive TOMORROW. I am beyond pumped about that!

AND, last but absolutely not least, finally, finally, finally, my camera strap from Shey B!!! I ordered this a quite a while ago, but her turn around time is about one month. I almost forgot about it. Love it. I was really hoping it would come in before we leave for our honeymoon to DC in a couple of weeks. So glad it did!

I hope everyone is having a great week!

0 comments:

Post a Comment