Thursday, April 14, 2011

pants are too big!

This past week or so has been very strange for me fitness-wise. Having that tooth extracted messed me up. From Tuesday through Friday afternoon, I ate nothing but mashed potatoes and macaroni and cheese pretty much. I didn't really feel guilty because I didn't really have a choice, but the crazy increase in carbs as well as the complete lack of exercise was making me feel pretty icky. I went to Zumba on Monday night and could barely keep up with the class. I actually left halfway through. That was embarassing... but I should NOT have tried to go. I went even though I knew I shouldn't have with the pain killers I was on... they made me RIDICULOUSLY hot within the first 5 minutes.

Anyway, despite of all that, I'm down a few pounds! I even had a little confidence booster moment this morning! Back in march, I went shopping at Kohl's and got some new dress pants for my job interview. I convinced myself that they looked good in the dressing room, but when I put them on the next morning at home, I just knew they were too tight. So I put on a pair that I already owned, and planned on returning the new ones. Except I never did... so this morning, I said to myself, "Self, you've already waited so long to return those pants, maybe they'll fit now... just wear 'em! You are going to need more dress clothes for your new job anyway!" So I put them on... and they were too big! Like, ridiculous big. I felt like I was wearing clown pants or something. I was kind of mad because now I still have to return them (if they'll let me), but also very excited that I've lost more inches than I thought! Maybe I should start measuring myself instead of weighing.

hmm...

4 comments:

Lj82 said...

Yay for your clown pants, that's awesome. I have to start doing this Zumba business, you're the second person I've heard who had GREAT success with it! :)

katie said...

Ugh. Jealous!! But so proud of you!!! Maybe I should try this secret, too!

Mary said...

Yay!! You get to go back and get a smaller size!! I would hate to go back to return them but the smaller size is just too exciting!!

Mom said...

Good for you! You are looking great! Kohls is really good about returns, by the way - and exchanging sizes, too.

Post a Comment